RACISM IS NOT THE ANSWER

I have friends, old friends, young friends and new friends. I love them all. One day I will spend an hour or two speaking with my friends Elaine or SophieJ in English. The next day I will spend the same time speaking with my friend Nobesuthu in Zulu/Ndebele. Amancay my Bolivian friend speaks both English and Spanish, and we spend hours together speaking in English. I am crap in Spanish not because I don’t try to speak Spanish, but it is for the fact that I forget what I have learnt either in class or on tape because I don’t have many friends who speak Spanish to me. I am a black African whose role models are Spanish, African, Jewish, Arabic and English. I have plenty African heroes, from Patrice Lumumba, Steve Bikho, my late brother Mike Otis whose body parts were brought to us chopped in pieces in a black bag purely for standing up for his people against the Zimbabwean dictator Mugabe to Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. I have Jesus Christ, the innocent Jewish man who hung on the cross on the say so of his own Jewish people who hated the truth and were controlled by the Romans. I have Che Guevara, the man next to my heart who stood up against the American dictatorship and was slaughtered like a sheep. All these people are dead physically but alive in spirit.
Racism is something I was born into. The Irish priests and nuns did their best to convince me that the reason why my black people were poor in their own country was because God was punishing us for a sin we committed somewhere in our history. I am talking of Southern Africa, the part of Africa rich in minerals and natural resources. I am not a clairvoyant or a medium who is able to tap into the memory of the dead people. But what I am able to do is tap into the spiritual world through prayer, fasting and sacrifice. Not once have I been told that I am black and inferior or that I committed a crime somewhere in my history. This is because my spirit world knows no colour. To my spirit world we are all children of Allah, God, Buddha or whatever you want to call it. What we have in common are our prophets who are sent from the spirit world to explain things to us. Jesus Christ, the Prophet Mohammed just to name a few. But life as we know it is shit. Those who have plenty of money spend every minute planning how to protect their loot. Those who have nothing spend every minute dreaming of how to make money. Someone like me spends every minute trying to bring peace between those who have money and those who don’t for the simple reason that in the spirit world money is useless.
Money is the root of all evil; racists, bigots and misogynist fight against anyone who stands in their way, not because they believe that their own race, religion or sex is superior, but because they so desperately want money, a lot of money that they are prepared to be brainwashed or to brainwash others. I don’t want a lot of money or if I can have life my own way, I don’t want money at all. All I want is food, water and shelter. Most importantly, all I need is LOVE. I don’t want to compete with money because I am alive and money is dead. That is why I am a revolutionary socialist not a liberal or capitalist! I am a nurse and my life revolves around healing people spiritually, mentally and physically. People to me means every human being whatever colour, shape, creed, sexuality, belief etc except racists, bigots and misogynists. Racism or any form of discrimination against innocent people is not the answer in my world of love and caring!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home